Mustang to launch spring cleanup
Spring is here and that means Mustang’s annual Spring Cleanup is just around the corner.
“Spring Cleanup if for all residential sanitation customers and is our way of helping get larger items cleared out before summer,” Mustang City Manager Tim Rooney said.
Pickups are staggered and based on regular refuse pickup days, Rooney said. Items may be placed at the curb up to a week before the scheduled cleanup day, he said.
Pickups are scheduled as follows:
- Trash pickup on Monday – Saturday, March 29
- Trash pickup on Tuesday – Saturday, April 5
- Trash pickup on Thursday – Saturday, April 12
- Trash pickup on Friday – Saturday, April 19
All items for pickup must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on residents’ respective cleanup days.
Items placed next to mailboxes, structures or fences will not be picked up. There is some limitation on items, although freezers, refrigerators and air conditioners will be accepted. Brush, tree limbs and similar items must be kept to a 4-foot length or shorter and bundled with rope or cord; small pieces must be placed in some kind of bag or container, officials said.
Items not acceptable for pickup include:
- ”Massive” rocks or concrete pieces;
- Hazardous waste materials;
- Paints, oils or hazardous liquids;
- Dead animals; or
- Large tree stumps.
For more information, call the city of Mustang at 376-4521.